Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More Soup

I am on a serious soup kick and this rain makes me want to make it even more...  Here is another one of my favorites I just made.  This one is super easy and really healthy too!

Oven Baked Minestrone

1 1/2 lbs lean stew meat cut into small pieces
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
32 oz. beef broth
2 cups water
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
16 oz. can diced tomatoes or tomato sauce (undrained)
15 oz. can kidney beans (undrained)
6 oz. can sliced olives (undrained)
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage

Brown beef, onion, garlic in oil in Dutch oven.  Add remaining ingredients *except cabbage* and bake covered at 325 for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  Add cabbage for last 45 minutes.  Serve with Parmesan cheese on top!

Can't wait for dinner!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm sicking you on my favorite soup recipe. Papa's Pizza has Wisconsin Cheese Soup that I absoulutely LOVE! If you find anything close to that you have to share.

    ReplyDelete