Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Daily Battle

Lately I have been feeling like this house will never be clean again! It is like every time I get one corner/closet/floor picked up the little ones have moved on to 15 more, decimating everything in their path on the way!  I am coming to the realization that expecting a clean and organized house with a two year old and a three year old is just not going to happen!  At least we are all having fun in the process of destruction!  Thought these quotes were appropriate...

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  
~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966

I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.  
~Nancie J. Carmody


If the shelves are dusty and the pots don't shine,
it's because I have better things to do with my time.
~Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment