Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Menu Monday

One of my goals for this year is to try at least one new recipe a week. I have been doing pretty good, minus a week here and there. Last night I tried a new one for Almond Crusted Halibut and it was super delicious so I thought I would share. It was perfect as it was, however, I think I will try to make some kind of sauce with it next time. Maybe a dill or lemon butter or something like that... What can I say, I am a sauce girl!

Almond Crusted Halibut

2 lbs Halibut Fillets (cut into four portions)
1 Cup Chopped Almonds
2/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
3 Beaten Eggs
1 Cup Flour (seasoned with salt & pepper)
1/2 Cup Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350. Mix Panko, Parmesan, and almonds in a bowl. Dredge halibut through the flour to coat. Soak in the beaten eggs. Coat with the Parmesan/nut mixture and set aside. In oven proof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Brown the fillets 2-3 minutes on each side then place into the oven for another 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.

I didn't serve it with anything too exciting, roasted Brussels Sprouts and a salad, super yummy!

p.s. Thanks for the recipe Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! Brian and I love halibut and do a slightly different version of your scrumptious recipe - instead of almonds and bread crumbs, we use chopped candied walnuts and squeeze lemon on top to finish it off. We also usually serve with lemon/garlic asparagus. Such a great spring/summer treat!!! I'm excited to try yours - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete