Thursday, January 6, 2011

Project 52

I saw this on one of my favorite blogs Handbags & Handguns and decided it was right up my alley!  I am never one to be caught without some kind of list and I usually have at least two "To Do" lists going every day.  I love the feeling of getting to cross something off and not having to carry it over to my list for the next day!!!  With that said here is my "To Do" list for 2011!

  1. Paint Silas's Room
  2. Cut Bangs
  3. Donate Blood
  4. Try Zumba
  5. Get Silas in a big boy bed
  6. Host a Girls Night In dinner party
  7. Run a 5k for a cause
  8. Use my Crock-Pot at least 2x per month
  9. Try at least one new recipe per week
  10. Read two classic novels (over 50 years old)
  11. Dress up for Halloween (in a real costume)
  12. Get some house plants and keep them alive
  13. Read at least 25 books
  14. See at least four movies in the theater
  15. Find something pretty and childproof to organize my jewelry
  16. Keep an exercise log
  17. Take a trip somewhere with Ryan (even if it is just for a night or two)
  18. Host a BBQ this summer
  19. Get professional family photos taken
  20. Watch 25 movies from my Netflix Queue
  21. Go to a Duck game or two
  22. GO to a museum or art gallery
  23. Take the kids to at least four new parks this summer
  24. Take a road trip
  25. Learn how to bake bread & rolls from scratch
  26. Send out two handwritten notes/cards per month
  27. Grow tomatoes 
  28. Update blogs at least once a week
  29. Organize our linen closet once and for all (and keep it that way)
  30. Get a hot stone massage
  31. Potty train Silas
  32. Get our ceilings painted
  33. Get Noah out of diapers at bedtime
  34. Read at least 10 books to the boys per day
  35. Bake a pie from scratch (crust and all)
  36. Take the boys to the Children's Museum at least twice
  37. Go to a concert
  38. Implement at least three things we can do at home to live more green
  39. Go to the zoo at least once a month when the weather is nice enough
  40. Design my dream dining room with hopes of moving the Cozy Coupes out of ours to have a nice family meal or two
  41. Clean out my composter and start using it again
  42. Meet my annual retirement account contribution limit
  43. Keep track of our budget for the entire year
  44. Go to the coast at least once (Silas has still never been)
  45. Learn how to make a coconut mojito
  46. Grow mint in my herb garden for those mojitos
  47. Hire a babysitter for an entire day to get out of the house and do whatever I want
  48. Register Silas for a fun class or two while Noah is at school
  49. Make a ridiculously huge holiday meal for one holiday during the year
  50. Go sledding
  51. Hike up a mountain (no mountain in particular)
  52. Go to Multnomah Falls (hiking to the top does not count as mountain listed above :)
 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea! As a fellow to-doer, this is also right up my alley! You have inspired me to create my own Project 52 :) And there are a few from your list that I can help you accomplish - and then we can both check them off our lists!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea too. I was thinking of doing a bucket list type thing on mine. Maybe I'll do this instead. Silas has never been to the beach!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! On the mint planting make sure not to plant it in your yard or it will take over everything. Plant it in a container and trim it before it flowers. I have faith that these are all attainable! Miss you, Dana

    ReplyDelete