Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sara's Taco Soup

My cousin has been raving about her taco soup recipe for a long time and I finally scored a copy of it last week (thanks Sara :)  I am pretty sure this is my new favorite soup and that is saying a lot because I am a soup maniac.  I would eat soup all day every day if I could!  This is possibly the easiest recipe ever and it was absolutely delicious!!!

Taco Soup

Cook 1 lb ground beef &
1 diced onion in a soup pot -

Add: (don't drain any)
1 can refried beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
2 cans diced tomatoes w/ green chiles
1-2 cups chicken broth
2 packages of taco seasoning
2 cups frozen corn
1 can green chiles

Mix all ingredients well and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.

***For some reason ground beef in soup seems wrong to me so I used chicken instead.  To make it even easier I bought a rotisserie chicken at the store and just cut that up.  Instead of cooking it on the stove I threw everything into the crockpot and let it simmer all day.***

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me to make that - in fact, we had it last night!! Our recipe is very similar...we also use chicken, but haven't tried it with refried beans or corn. Thanks for the new ideas!

    ReplyDelete